Lead CyberSecurity Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The IAM Lead Developer provides technical expertise, develops standards, guidelines, and processes for application systems. Translates business requirements into well-designed applications while balancing user and business needs, technical competencies, industry developments, and time constraints. Reviews the design and code development of key architectural components. Contributes to decisions on project and infrastructure needs, including the evaluation of server technologies, languages, platforms, and frameworks.
What You’ll Do
- Engineer solutions in alignment with the Cybersecurity engineering roadmap, and maintain processes for the delivery of highly complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects, and regulatory and risk requirements.
- Facilitate process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high-velocity culture by collaborating to introduce technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps, and systems design.
- Contribute to analyzing cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators.
- Identify robust solutions and build resilient next-generation systems to solve business challenges and enhance the control environment.
How You’ll Do It
- Manage relationships with security partners and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with audit, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Analyze, design, and develop security solutions with Cybersecurity architects to ensure they are consistent with corporate technology goals and risk tolerance levels.
- Provide direction to infrastructure, operations, data, and application developments groups throughout the transitioning phase, implementation in production, and beyond.
- Validate current- and future-state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise for supported security technologies and during escalations.
- Oversee security requirements and technical specifications to guide project implementation toward successful solution delivery.
- Maintain knowledge of engineering next-gen designs, security trends, threats, and attack techniques.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with management, peers, project managers, and internal customers.
- Design and engineer solutions to align with the Cybersecurity strategy.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelors degree in Information Security or Information Technology or Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in information security, security engineering, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Bachelor's degree in information security, information technology, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- A minimum of five years programming experience developing, implementing, debugging and maintaining applications utilizing several of the following languages:
- Java, Java EE
- Perl, PHP, Python or Ruby
- XML and JSON
- SQL and transact SQL
- Expert knowledge, with multiple years of experience and familiarity with multiple technologies, including:
- Automation methodologies, processes improvement, and development of CI / CD pipeline
- Programming within a UNIX/Linux environment utilizing Unix Shell (bash)
- Database systems and languages such as MySQL, SQL Server, NOSQL and Oracle
- Programming LDAP in conjunction with an LDAP API such as open ldap, JNDI, or Netscape
- Web-service technologies, such as SOAP or REST
- Version control software
- Understanding of relational database concepts
A minimum of two years working with IAM systems and technologies such as: Okta, Sailpoint, NetIQ Identity Manager, Active Directory, LDAP, etc #LI-BG1 #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.