Lead Engineer at Walgreens
The Associate IT Manager is a hands-on Lead Engineer position that also requires leading a technical team while participating in development and Cloud component assembly. The role combines leadership, development, and deployment and infrastructure skills in support of WBA’s initiatives. This is a hands-on role that will be primarily responsible for design, execution and delivery of solutions for Walgreens.
Key activities will consist of understanding, creating an integrated assembled end-to-end solutions, modifying and deploying software assets and packages to fit the requirements, provisioning required runtime through IaaS or PaaS capabilities of Azure.
The position relies on the individual to be a self-starter, quick learner and have the ability to innovative and report on tasks and status proactively. They should be a technical generalist, who understands infrastructure, programming and integration. The successful candidate will have an imaginative mind set, be creative with substantial hands-on experience in utilizing, exploring and adopting Cloud based technologies. They will be working within a global team and adhering to delivery excellence for execution and lifecycle management.
- Ensures that daily production, productivity, quality, service levels, and performance objectives are accomplished. May become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Directly supervises a team of computer professionals and assigns them duties, monitors work-in-progress and takes corrective actions, where needed.
- Resolves technical or staffing problems as they arise, within the scope of its authority.
- May gather production, performance and other operational data to determine what changes in processes or procedures are needed to improve to meet objectives. May compile such data and present to Managers and Directors, where appropriate.
- Ensures frequent, continuous and effective communications with team members, within IT, and with stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately, via both formal and informal channels / mechanisms.
- May manage budget to plan.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements.
- Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 1 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to/at least (choose one) 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and provisioning technologies such as Azure or Google Cloud Iaas and PaaS capabilities
- Experience with NodeJS, and supporting technologies, Java is a plus
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs, third-party integrations using enterprise integration patterns, and enterprise service bus components
- Knowledge of Microservices and Event based architecture
- Experience implementing back-end API services according to design reference documents and modify existing assets to fit requirements
- Experience with DevOps and associated tooling