Lead Network Software Engineer, NetDevOps
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software solutions that meet business needs and implementing data network monitoring and alerting solutions. Provide proactive and intelligent system health visibility to Infrastructure, Application support teams and Enterprise Network Operations team to lead the transformation at Discover
The Enterprise Network Operations group is looking for a Lead Network Software Engineer who can help us leverage automation, legacy and next-generation toolsets to provide proactive alerting, smart triage / self-healing, and event correlation for network related events and trends.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan installations of new systems and modifications to existing systems.
- Consults with the business on project status, proposals, technical issues, software design, and maintenance.
- Leads software programming and the development of technical documentation.
- Develops and directs software system testing and validation procedures.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, upgrade interfaces, and improve performance.
- Participate in incident postmortems to understand opportunities for improved monitoring and response.
- Maintain monitoring systems and review network events comprehensively to understand criticality, potential application impact, and service dependencies.
- Participate in a scrum based agile framework, where you will lead Discover in NetDevOps automation and best practices.
- Design, analyze and troubleshoot large-scale distributed systems.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software, Math, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
* Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
* Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python / Netmiko, TCL, Perl or Ruby.
* Should have some experience with Cisco enterprise class network platforms: IOS, NX-OS, ACI
* Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design. #LI- BG1
* Experience with one or more enterprise level network monitoring and automation tools, such as:
o Tivoli NetCool
o ServiceNow Orchestration
o NetScout NGeniusOne / Pulse
o Big Panda
o Cisco Tetration
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.