Lead Quality Engineer ( Governance)
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
From the outset of the project, leads governance initiative in collaboration with the other stakeholders and management, devises the test process, metrics, standards and processes objectives, for multiple scrum teams
- Assists in the timely resolution of quality/test challenges at the team level, providing guidance, training, technical support, and where necessary, mentoring individuals.
- Consolidates feature test strategies to report test progress and test results.
- Sends the status report (Daily, Weekly, etc.) to the Test Manager. Reviews reports prepared by Testers.
- Prepares the agendas for meetings, for example, weekly QA team meeting etc. Frequent status-checks meetings with the team, communicates by means of chat/emails etc. Tracks and reports upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered, and their status, performance baselines, etc. Attends the regular test-team meetings.
- Leads, guides, and monitors the analysis, design, implementation, and execution of the test cases, test procedures, and test suites. Ensures content and structure of all testing documents/artifacts is documented and maintained. Assigns tasks to all testing team members and ensures that all of them have sufficient work in the project. Acts as the single point of contact between Development and Testers for iterations, testing, and deployment activities. Reviews System, Integration, and User Acceptance Tests prepared by testers. Ensures proper configuration management of the test artifacts produced and traceability of the tests to the requirements. Recognizes when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, plan the effort, select the tools, and ensure training of the team. As test execution approaches, makes sure the test environment is put into place before test execution and managed during test execution. Schedules the tests for execution and then monitors, measures, controls, and reports on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Plans, monitors, and controls the testing activities and tasks. Provides input into the estimation of the testing effort. Prepares the software test plan. Analyzes requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects. Provides guidance on preparation of the software test plan, if neededKeeps track of the requirements from the project and manages Change of Scope (COS). Schedules the project effort in conjunction with the PMO. Checks for timely delivery of project milestones. Arranges the hardware and software requirement for the test setup. Escalates the issues about project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) Release Engineer/QA Manager to the Project Manager/Test Manager. Identifies training requirements and forwards it to the Project Manager Release Engineer/QA Manager(Technical and Soft skills). Documents, implements, monitors, and enforces all processes and procedures for testing as per established standards defined by the organization.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in leading software testing teams, utilizing Agile delivery methods within the Payments industry
- ISTQB Foundation
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in leading software testing teams, utilizing Agile delivery methods within the Payments industry
- ISTQB Intermediate Test Manager
- Previous experience Coaching and Mentoring Teams on Testing/Quality Engineering process in a SAFe Agile environment, improving Quality.
- Previous experience presenting services to leadership and stakeholders.
- SME level in Defect Management and Defect Metrics, Automated and Manual Testing Best Practices, and leading teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous auditing experience or experience with Advisory Boards.
- Must be flexible with travelling to Riverwoods and Rosemont locations.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.