Lead Software Developer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications for one area of Payment Services.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Collaborate with business partners to review business requirements and provide Software development estimation
- Follow Agile and Scaled Agile software development methodologies
- Work with the QA group to ensure that code meets functional Test requirements
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Write code and tests to meet business requirements as an active member of the scrum team
- Provide technical clarity on story development
- Ensure that their team delivers stories and defects to their acceptance criteria as defined
- Work with Architects and other lead developers to understand architecture direction and contribute to the creation of high level designs
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, or related technical field
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Java/J2EE technologies
- REST APIs
- JSON processing and validation
- Spring (some of core, integration, boot, batch and other libraries)
- ORM and Data Base (SQL and NoSql)
- UNIX/Linux (command line and shell scripting)
- DevOps tools and Continuous Integration with Jenkins or similar
- Test Driven Development
- Design of APIs & components
- Working in distributed teams
- Understanding AWS or pivotal cloud foundry.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.