Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Lead Software Engineer will be focused on Vault. One of the most widely used Secrets Management Platform within Discover and leverages a vendor product underneath for secrets management.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs ― full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development.
- Work directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Work independently or with own team to innovate and advocate for best practices within the team.
- Design complex solutions and lead them from inception to production within the Agile team.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team processes.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
Experience with linux, shell scripting, python or bash scripting
- Golang or similar programming
- REST Services
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Kubernetes or Openshift
- AWS Cloud & Services, e.g. Lambda
- Agile development
- Strong Linux shell/batch scripting knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may adequately supplement a non-CS Bachelor’s degree
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.