Lead Software Engineer at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software solutions that meet business needs.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, upgrade interfaces, and improve performance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan installations of new systems and modifications to existing systems.
- Consults with the business on project status, proposals, technical issues, software design, and maintenance.
- Leads software programming and the development of technical documentation.
- Develops and directs software system testing and validation procedures.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software, Math, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Tomcat/Jboss/WebSphere/Weblogic administration
- Unix/Linux administration
- Windows Server administration
- Unix shell scripting
- Windows batch scripting
- Experince working with 3 rd party application integration
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!