Lead Software Engineer
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance the security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Engineering team builds and maintains new features for the Pangea platform that improve usability, prevent fraud, and create APIs and services that work with our partners to launch new markets, payment methods, and capabilities. Our platform includes a set of native iOS, Android and Web apps and a set of API microservices built using multiple languages, all hosted on AWS.
If you have an entrepreneurial passion, are motivated by building successful products and learning new technologies and systems, then we want to talk to you!
- Understand and help define the broad architecture of the entire system
- Design, build and maintain APIs and services as part of the Pangea platform
- Own the development and rollout of large projects
- Analyze and write tech specs and identify risks before starting major projects
- Plan projects into well-defined milestones, ensuring reliable development progress
- Work with both internal stakeholders across the company and external partners
- Recruit and mentor new engineers
- Debug production issues and contribute to improving platform reliability
- Champion improvements in engineering standards, tools, and processes
- BS or MS degree in computer science or a related degree
- 7+ years of development experience including leadership responsibilities
- Strong knowledge with C# including .NET Core
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proven understanding of designing and using REST APIs
- Experience integrating with third-party platforms
- Familiarity with agile/scrum methodologies and planning tools such as JIRA
- Deep pride in your work and you strive to meaningfully contribute to a team
- An ability to learn quickly, you desire excellence, have attention to detail, and want to work with others who share these traits
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in both ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.