Lead Splunk Developer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover is more than a credit card. At its core, Discover is a software company. Our customers demand products that help them spend smarter and achieve a brighter financial future. These products are built and supported by our software teams. We have fun at work and live these values:
- One customer. The person using the product is who matters.
- Teams get it done. You won’t be sitting in a corner on your own – it’s a collective effort.
- Seek to understand. Listen first, ask why, and then reach a conclusion.
- Progress over perfection. Try new ideas and be comfortable with failing fast.
- No spectators. Expect to tackle tough problems and to challenge the status quo.
What you will do
You will join a team that continues to shape the future of Payments. In this position, you will work in an Agile setting alongside product owners and your peers to break down product visions into workable technical solutions that solve business problems. You will draw on technical and leadership skills to execute on a variety of projects such as expanding insight into the health of Discover Network or analyzing transaction data, largely using Splunk as a core development platform.
You will be successful in this role if you can:
- Proficiently write Splunk queries using the Splunk Programming Language
- Create Splunk applications and dashboards
- Assist with identifying, creating, and maintaining test data
- Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
- Actively contribute to the department’s developer community
- Provide strong technical and team leadership
- Talk about your work with both technical and non-technical team members
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related technical field
- 6+ years of experience in relevant technical expertise
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Hands-on experience with building highly scalable and reliable Splunk applications and dashboards
- Experience working with an iterative software development methodology
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.