Lead Unix Administrator
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The responsibility of this role is to implement and maintain Unix/Linux server solutions meeting application technical, regulatory and risk requirements. Core competencies include, but are not limited to: Linux and AIX operating systems, x86 hypervisors, scripting/automation, and x86 hardware solutions. Implement Unix/Linux server technologies and maintain resilient support for next generation Unix/Linux systems to solve business challenges.
- Ensures Unix/Linux solution designs are implemented as required. Implements Unix/Linux capabilities using the appropriate methodologies and are consistent with organization level Unix/Linux architecture. 25%
- Provides subject matter expertise across multiple Unix/Linux technologies. Assists with project implementation to ensure successful solution delivery. 25%
- Assists in the integration of new Unix/Linux solutions. Applies service oriented Unix/Linux integration principles to meet the organization’s security, risk, and availability requirements. Makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation to escalated incidents. Provide Level 2 support for multiple Unix/Linux platforms. 20%
- Reviews and follows Unix/Linux technology roadmaps. Implements Unix/Linux solutions following designs for compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers, internal business partners, and external vendors. Follows the Unix/Linux integration methodologies to be in compliance with controls and standards. 15%
- Reviews and reports Unix/Linux system metrics to ensure capacity and availability. Documents current environment and updates SOPs for 1st and 2nd level support teams. 15%
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a Technology centric discipline) or the equivalent work experience
- 3+ years working in Technology (preferably infrastructure – UNIX/Linux)
- 3+ years hands-on experience with both UNIX and Linux
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.