Manager, Software Engineering at Pangea Money Transfer (Chicago, IL)
| Chicago | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:25 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 9, 2019
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance the security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Manager of Software Engineering, you’ll lead a backend engineering team of .NET developers. You’ll serve as both a player and coach, managing and contributing to the delivery of your team’s projects. You’ll also help align the team to best practices and Pangea’s mission. The Manager of Software Engineering will manage 4-5 developers, and report directly into the VP of Engineering.
- Be an active coach and mentor for engineers of varying levels
- Manage performance and career planning for your team
- Drive agile development methodologies
- Ensure features deployed have technical integrity and stability
- Engage in concept discussions, and proposed technology solutions to meet business objectives
- Ensure all code is reviewed and appropriately meets quality, operational, and architectural standards needed for successful product delivery
- Contribute to improving engineering standards, tooling and processes
- Debug production issues and contribute to improving platform reliability
- Integrate with third party financial service platforms
- Design, build and maintain APIs and services as part of the Pangea platform
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related experiences
- 1-2 years leading developers, combined with a minimum of 7 years hands-on software engineering experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET and .NET Core
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies and planning tools such as JIRA
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description