Mobile App Developer (iOS and Android) - Remote at Black Spectacles
Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for an App Developer who is eager to expand their career while helping us expand our capabilities.
Your work will include building, maintaining and enhancing an iOS and Android app for our site. You’ll be creatively building our apps from scratch and working alongside the design, development and product teams. Once you build our new apps, you will be working with our product team to continually expand this new component of our business.
- You have 3-5 years experience in app development and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent work experience may be in place of a degree.
- You are an analytical thinker who is able to accurately estimate project timelines while maintaining a strong focus on quality of work.
- You're able to adapt to external factors as they arise and take the lead with a positive outlook towards getting things done.
- You're also a self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions and is always open to constructive criticism.
- Must be able to travel to Chicago for quarterly team meetings
- Building and working with APIs
- Basic knowledge in MySQL and PHP
Additional experience integrating with database management, CMS/Back-End framework (ExpressionEngine), local app caching, and offline capabilities is a plus.
No Visa sponsorship available for this position.
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.