Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
We are looking for a mobile engineer to join our team that has a passion for native / react native apps. You will be working with our mobile team to build reusable functionality across native and web. Desire to work with React Native is required, and previous native iOS / Android experience is required. The existing native apps are actively being downloaded and used, so rest assured that what you build here will make a difference in the lives of our customers. We are seeking highly motivated candidates, that are self-starters, and are passionate about their craft.
What you do at Avant:
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to the App Store and Google Play. We deploy once a month or so.
- We work mostly in Java for Android and Swift for iOS but we are actively exploring React Native for our new initiatives.
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
- Contribute to tooling as well as our technology architecture and direction
- We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
- Contribute to open-source initiatives
What you might own at Avant:
- Expand our unsecured installment loan product and launch a new credit card product
- Improve the customer experience and automation on our mobile apps
- Building and maintaining a mobile SDK for our powered by Avant partners
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- You’re a pragmatic generalist programmer who will not only help execute, but also will provide a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Avant
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we explore a native / react na-tive architecture
- You’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and takes pride in improving our customers’ experi-ences
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders needs
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.