NetSuite Developer, Zoro Tools
Title: NetSuite Developer
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
Since our humble beginnings with 20 employees in 2011, to our current staff of over 330 people, Zoro remains committed to providing an exceptional shopping experience for our customers. We do this by providing an endless assortment of products, free shipping, no-hassle returns and outstanding service from people who care. If you want to be a part of building something special, Zoro is the company for you.
The NetSuite Developer will work closely with the Sr. Manager of Cloud Platform Operations, Sr. NetSuite Administrators, NetSuite Administrators, Developers, Business Owners, and other stakeholders at Zoro. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining custom NetSuite solutions for the business.
The NetSuite Developer will work with internal customers and partners to define scope and work plans for new features, functionality, and platform enhancements.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Manager of Cloud Platform Operations, he/she will play a pivotal role in the effective development and execution of NetSuite solutions across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain custom NetSuite solutions using SuiteBuilder, SuiteScript, SuiteFlow, and SuiteTalk (e.g. custom fields, custom forms, workflows, scripts, SSP Applications).
- Test and deploy NetSuite functionality to production with exceptional user experience.
- Interact closely with other development teams to provide the best overall technical solution to meet product requirements.
- Develop and maintain unit tests.
- Develop and maintain reusable code libraries.
- Provide technical guidance to support NetSuite users’ daily activities.
- Learn and adapt to new software/hardware technology and incorporate into production process.
- Make code and technology decisions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain NetSuite integrations with external applications.
- Understanding of the NetSuite platform.
- NetSuite certifications a plus but not required.
- Experience working with Site Builder and SuiteCommerce Advanced a plus. This includes HTML/CSS, SSP Applications, Backbone, Underscore, jQuery, RequireJS, Bootstrap.
- Some familiarity with Python and other coding languages a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with end-to-end business and ecommerce processes.
- Technical expertise as demonstrated through the successful management and completion of a wide variety of technical initiatives.
- Intelligent, articulate, and persuasive team member who can effectively work with leadership team and who is able to communicate concepts to a broad range of business and technical staff.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Proficient with version control and change management processes, policies, and principles.
- Exceptional writing proficiency and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent listening, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Information Systems, Computer Science, System Engineering, or equivalent related experience is required.
- 1-2 years’ experience with the NetSuite Platform, with an emphasis on SuiteScript 1.0/2.0, SuiteTalk, SuiteBuilder, and SuiteFlow required.
- Experience with Microsoft Desktop Software and SuiteCloud developer tools.
- Reasonable knowledge of current hardware and software technologies and uses.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.