Network Operations Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
We have 2 current openings:
Our first opening is Enterprise Network focused
*** Shift: 2pm ET - 11pm ET with a weekend on-call requirement once every 10-12 weeks ***
Our second opening is Client Payment Network focused
*** Shift: 11pm ET - 8pm ET with weekend shifts required as part of a 24/7 team ***
Responsible for operating, administering and managing the day to day operations of a large scale global mixed media network communications environment supporting mission critical customer applications. Serves in a tier 1/2 role that proactively monitors, analyzes alarm information, initiates corrective actions to promptly isolate issues, restore service, implements changes and provides analysis and consultation to peers.
Serves in a tier 1/2 role that proactively monitors, analyzes alarm information, initiates corrective actions to promptly isolate issues, restore service, implements changes and provides analysis and consultation to peers.
- Monitors the Data Network for performance degradation, connectivity issues, system events and alerts. Updates and manages tickets through resolution with vendors and internal support groups. Tests, analyzes, performs corrective actions and restores network equipment and services in a timely and accurate manner to eliminate/reduce application impact. Provides timely notifications to management/outage team and escalates tickets to appropriate internal and external management as needed.
- Responds to engagements from the Command Centers and provide network analysis to determine network availability.
- Creates and implements data network changes.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance tasks and creates, maintains, updates NOC support documentation.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information technology
- In lieu of a degree, 2 years of experience in Networking or IT, or related experience
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting network issues related to Cisco route/switch, Vendor circuits, VPN and Out-of-Band connectivity
- Demonstrated experience with Network Monitoring Systems & Tools such as Solarwinds, Netscout nGeniusOne, Netscout Pulse, Wireshark, Splunk and others
- Demonstrated experience with Incident, Change & Problem Management processes
- Cisco Industry Certification - CCNA or higher
- F5 Load Balancing
- Network Management & diagnostic tools such as Solarwinds, Netscout nGeniusOne, Netscout Pulse, Wireshark, Splunk are all desirable
- Bluecat Networks DNS/DHCP & IP Address Management
- Palo Alto & Cisco Next Gen firewalls
- Cisco Anyconnect Remote Access
- ITIL foundations, or related certification
- Network Automation skills such as Ansible, Git & scripting tools
- ServiceNow Reporting, Knowledge and Process Management
- Strong Vendor management skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.