Principal Cybersecurity Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsibility of the role is to design the Cybersecurity engineering roadmap, and deliver highly-complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects and regulatory and risk requirements. Drive Cybersecurity engineering solutions, framework, roadmap, program optimization, process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high velocity culture by introducing technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps and systems design. Analyze competitive strategies, cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators. Contribute to robust and innovative strategic solutions and build resilient support for next-generation systems to solve business challenges and enhance the control environment.
- Acts as the principal advisor to upper management in Cybersecurity matters. Ensures security improvement designs are evaluated, validated, and implemented as required. Certifies that protection and detection capabilities are acquired or developed using the Cybersecurity engineering approach and are consistent with organization-level cybersecurity architecture. Explores and assesses the latest technology trends, disruptions and security/IT service business models to ensure Business Technology maintains, and improves, organization cyber competitive edge.
- Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the team. Provides strong leadership and direction to team members. Provides subject matter expertise across all Cybersecurity technologies. Oversees project implementation to ensure successful solution delivery.
- Researches, engineers and integrates new Cybersecurity solutions. Applies service oriented security architecture principles to meet organization's confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements. Performs cyber defense incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identifying the specific vulnerability. Makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Creates and maintains Cybersecurity technology roadmap. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory and legal requirements Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners, and external vendors. Enforces the engineering and architecture methodologies to be in compliance with technical aspects of security controls and standards, and pilots the implementation of prominent security solutions to improve the confidentiality, integrity and/or availability of the firm’s intellectual property, systems and applications.
- Transforms business requirements into technical specifications. Designs and develops system security measures to ensure Cybersecurity is fully integrated. Validates current and future state architectural models to assess impact across all Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Security , Information Technology , Engineering or related
- 6+ years experience in Information Security, Application Security, Programming, DevOps, Cloud, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related
- In Lieu of education, 8+ years experience in Information Security, Application Security, Programming, DevOps, Cloud, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related
PMP, CEH , GIAC , CISM , CISSP
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.