Principal DevOps Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, youll find yourself in the company of some of the industrys smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
*** THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN OUR DOWNTOWN CHICAGO OFFICE ***
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with Cloud Platform experience to join our quickly growing technology team. Central to our model and overall organizational success, we develop capabilities to be utilized across the analytics enterprise, create products and solutions to drive business decisions, enable the execution of business strategies, and measure business and clinical outcomes. While this role will be dynamic in nature, specific responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer will include:
- Act as a lead engineer on one of the core teams responsible for enabling new features and optimizing data platforms that support Discovers Advanced Analytic user community
- Engineer leading-edge analytics environments including software, data platforms and user tools that enable productivity and application integration in a secure fashion
- Adapt to new technologies and approaches for the product as we move toward cloud-based deployments leveraging containers on Kubernetes.
- Participate in the development of internal software products
- Embody and exemplify our devops culture
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
- Bachelors Degree
- 8+ years work experience
- Experience in at least 1 language / scripting framework (Bash, Python, Java, etc.) and desire to pick up another language
- 5+ years in Linux/Unix including basic commands, shell scripting and solution engineering
- 2+ years Cloud Platform Experience, preferably AWS
- Hands on experience with cloud platforms and technologies such as S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, EC2, Spark, Lambda and other Cloud Data Technologies
- Exposure to containers and orchestration platforms (i.e. Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc..)
- Experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems (Chef, Jenkins, Docker)
- Industry experience in Financial Services or other regulated industries
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!