Principal Software Engineer - Full Stack at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
- Designs and develops complex and critical data projects.
- Creates and enhances data solutions that enable seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks, leveraging open-source tools and data-processing frameworks.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and recommends possible technical solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the analysis, preparation of specifications and plans for the development of data processes.
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating Data Lineage, Quality checks, classification, etc.
- Utilize multiple development languages/tools such as Python, SPARK, Hive to build prototypes and evaluate results for effectiveness and feasibility.
- Contribute to determining programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements.
- Uses holistic knowledge of all products in the team’s ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated.
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved processes within the team and with internal partners; stays up to date with technology trends and innovations; mentors team members.
- Creates and maintains devops processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity .
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- 6 months of experience performing the same work or equivalent skills and experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!