Program Manager, Digital & Marketing at Walgreens
Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other units / teams / projects. Typically assigned to strategic / complex undertakings. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term outcomes that regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity.
- Conducts projects in any area of the online organization.
- Guides multi-disciplinary project teams in the achievement of project objectives for larger more complex, or more strategic, projects or programs.
- Facilitates team information and work flow. Participates in removing barriers to timely and cost effective project completion.
- Develops and documents project schedules, milestones and budgets for team. Typically shares budget, schedule, milestone and cost / benefit decision-making responsibilities, but not accountability, with executives and managers.
- Communicates project status to stakeholders.
- Writes technical specifications. Coordinates and tracks technology project resources, staff, assets and schedules to ensure timely project outcomes. Assists team members and leaders in making cost / benefit decisions.
- Leads project meetings.
- Participates in developing business approaches and new or enhanced approaches and/or tools.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions. Presents issues to and works with management to resolve critical resource conflicts.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team. Serves as a resource to other technical project managers to resolve complex problems. May lead other technical project managers on large projects.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of project/program management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 10 years of project/program management experience.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience prioritizing and performing multiple tasks in time-critical situations
- Experience developing new business models and opportunities; defining, developing, and documenting business requirements and functional specifications.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets for projects.
- At least 2 years of experience managing project risks.
- At least 3 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience managing software development projects.
- Knowledge of mobile technologies.
- Experience with web technologies and online software development practices.