Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a smart and savvy QA Analyst to join our growing Tech team and help develop and run a platform used by employees working at some of the largest companies in America.
Our tech is at the forefront of what we do here at PerkSpot. In this role, you will work with the Tech team to conduct manual and automated tests of new feature rollouts in the PerkSpot platform, while overseeing the functionality of the platform’s existing features. You’ll be in charge of identifying whether products are functional, reliable, and meet the target customer’s expectations. Your work will serve to improve the usability and effectiveness of the tool for all users.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Tech Team
PerkSpot’s tech team is made up of Software and QA Engineers, Project Managers, and DevOp Engineers with one goal in mind - to keep PerkSpot moving and improving. We work collaboratively to optimize our application, making it work as efficiently and user-friendly as possible. Because of our fast-moving, project-based structure, the team allows for significant opportunities for learning, growth, and diversity of work - you’ll certainly never get bored here. Our work directly impacts the PerkSpot platform, and therefore our partners and their hardworking employees as well.
Life as a QA Analyst:
- Working with the Tech team to develop and enforce PerkSpot’s QA standards
- Collaborating with team members to understand, develop, and test new/existing features of the PerkSpot platform
- Creating and executing manual and automated feature tests
- Creating and executing regression and smoke tests
- Documenting and reporting on all results
- Prioritizing product issues and strategizing ways to resolve them
- Working actively to make PerkSpot’s platform the best it can be
- Adhering to deadlines and requirements of assigned projects; working on additional projects to meet the overall needs of PerkSpot
- Actively seeking out new QA developments and trends; using these to inform the overall QA strategy at PerkSpot
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3+ years of experience in QA and process engineering, ideally within a high-growth, startup environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Proven understanding of manual and automated QA strategies preferred
- Familiarity with Agile methods of project management
- Understanding of user experience as it relates to product design and development
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a desire to learn and grow
- Proven ability to adhere to deadlines, stay organized, and understand project limitations
- Positive attitude and a thoughtful approach to all work
- What will REALLY help you stick out:
- Experience using Selenium, JIRA, or JIRA Zephyr
- Background knowledge in Kanban/Lean processes
Your First Few Months:
As a member of the Tech team, you will undergo training to familiarize yourself with the software engineering and testing process. You will be working closely with senior management from the get go to establish and adhere to product testing procedures and guidelines. After this, you’ll work through existing test cases for regression and smoke testing, while also building out test cases for upcoming product releases. Throughout these tests, you’ll identify issues, work with developers to resolve them, and collaborate with the whole Tech team on active projects. Overall, your work will serve to usher in a new era at PerkSpot as we grow and improve our platform.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.