QA Analyst at PerkSpot (Chicago, IL)
What you'll accomplish:
- Working with the Tech team to develop and enforce PerkSpot's QA standards
- Collaborating with team members to understand, develop, and test new/existing features of the PerkSpot platform
- Creating and executing manual and automated feature tests
- Creating and executing regression and smoke tests
- Documenting and reporting on all results
- Prioritizing product issues and strategizing ways to resolve them
- Working actively to make PerkSpot's platform the best it can be
- Adhering to deadlines and requirements of assigned projects; working on additional projects to meet the overall needs of PerkSpot
- Actively seeking out new QA developments and trends; using these to inform the overall QA strategy at PerkSpot
What we're looking for:
- 1-3+ years of experience in QA and process engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Proven understanding of manual and automated QA strategies preferred
- Professional experience in SQL testing with expertise in writing and executing CRUD queries
- Familiarity with Agile methods of project management
- Understanding of user experience as it relates to product design and development
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a desire to learn and grow
- Proven ability to adhere to deadlines, stay organized, and understand project limitations
- Positive attitude and a thoughtful approach to all work
- Experience testing Mobile applications (iOS and Android)
- Experience testing API's
- Experience using Selenium, JIRA, or JIRA Zephyr is a plus!
- Experience testing React applications is a plus!
- Background knowledge in Kanban/Lean processes is a plus!
PerkSpot is the trusted employee discount platform that provides meaningful, personalized savings on the things that matter most. Our approach is simple, inspiring others to love where they work by offering the steepest, most intentional discounts on over 1,000 reputable brands. From local deals to big-name nationwide offerings, our 98% retention rate speaks for itself.
We are an established company with a strong foundation, growing consistently and steady. What does that mean for you? The opportunity to hit the ground running and see the impact of your work! As a leader in the industry, we're committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more members engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own.
Your first few months as a PerkSpotter:
Providing value doesn't have to wait, from day one we are open to your big ideas. In your first few months, you will...
- Meet the team! We think our people are pretty great so we want to ensure you're introduced to all of the right team members to help you succeed. You'll spend quite a bit of time with our team of Software and QA Engineers, Project Managers, and DevOps Engineers!
- Get to know PerkSpot! Immerse yourself in the business, engage with internal stakeholders, and participate in monthly company-wide All Hands meetings.
- Sharpen your skills! You will become very familiar with the technology and tools that we use; JIRA Zephyr, Selenium, Postman, and BrowserStack just to name a few.
- See your impact! Your work will serve to improve the usability and effectiveness of the tool for our 20M+ members!
- Participate in company-wide events! Whether it's office miniature golf or a raffle gameshow, company culture is at the forefront of our business.
The perks and benefits:
With a name like PerkSpot, it's no secret that employee perks are kind of our thing. Below are a few of the many perks and benefits we offer to our people.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance effective on your first day of employment, and 100% employer-funded short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Open PTO policy & fully-paid parental leave
- 401(k) with company match and free financial consulting from Holberg Financial
- WFH flexibility and home-office expense budget
- Free lunch in the office, on-site gym access, bring your pet to work!
- Access to our exclusive perks & discounts
How to apply:
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don't be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.