At Braviant, we believe in hiring great talent and offering them the flexibility to achieve great results unbounded by geography. Braviant is offering a fully remote option for anyone out of state who wants to join our team and help us grow or a hybrid option for those who want to join our Chicago office.
Who we are:
Braviant is a leading provider of tech-enabled credit products that combines breakthrough technology and cutting-edge machine learning to transform how people access credit online. Our next-generation approach to lending reduces credit barriers and creates a Path to Prime to help millions of underbanked consumers build credit history, reduce their cost of borrowing, and take control of their personal finances.
Our QA Automation Architect will lead QA engineers and collaborate with other software architects to create and implement a robust quality assurance framework within a continuous delivery model. The ideal candidate will be a proven hands-on leader in Test Automation strategy and architecture. They will have a continuous improvement mindset, with a track record for driving strategic quality initiatives from ideation and planning through execution and implementation. They will have a passion for finding new and innovative ways to continuously enhance the quality of our products. This QA Automation Architect will be working collaboratively with other managers and architects on designs and implementations to grow our business while reporting directly to the Chief Architect.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage a team of automation engineers to ensure the health and growth of Braviant’s automation testing framework as it meets the needs of the business and automation engineers.
- Own the overall technical road-map of automated testing solutions in collaboration with Architecture, Development, QA and Product teams.
- Develop strategies that lead to implementations of regression, stress, performance, load testing and more.
- Maintain a robust test automation framework while creating, executing and maintaining test automation scripts, ensuring adequate test coverage throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Design, develop and maintain KPIs that drive the overall testing efforts of the team and implement improvements as needed.
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of experience managing a test automation team while remaining very hands on.
- Experience implementing continuous testing frameworks in CI/CD Pipeline such as Cucumber, Selenium, Gherkin etc.
- Good knowledge in OOP programming concepts and experience in programming languages like Java.
- Strong understanding of application architecture to suggest tool and process optimization.
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computing related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with Behavior Driven Testing Practices.
- UI and API level test automation expertise.
- Experience implementing risk-based testing methodologies.
- Experience with web service or API technologies like SOAP, REST, XML and JSON.
- Exposure to web infrastructure and cloud resources (AWS).
What it's like to work here:
We're more than just great snacks, unique outings, a cool office, or swag. We're about achieving results while having fun along the way. We believe in solving problems together and building on each other’s ideas. Our teams are comprised of smart, curious individuals and we encourage everyone to think like an owner, take initiative and drive their careers. Our broad roles provide tremendous opportunities for individuals to acquire new skills, gain exposure to all areas of the business, and quickly see their impact at Braviant.
Read Full Job Description