QA Engineer at BenchPrep
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee size! The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform has reached 6 million in 2019, up 30 percent versus the prior year.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
You will join a growing quality assurance team in a profitable start-up, building green-field projects as well as improving upon existing top-of-the-line products. In this role, you'll get to drive testing process and implementation across our engineering teams.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Develop, execute, and maintain manual and automated tests for BenchPrep products and initiatives
- Be responsible for test execution on clearly specified scopes of product work
- Be accountable for providing input on test planning for new and existing BenchPrep products
About the team:
We are a team who work together with transparency and humility. We are focused on empowering our engineering teams to release new products with greater confidence. We operate based on the idea that risk can be mitigated by the availability of information and knowledge, and this information can be gathered through collaborative test practices. We come from a variety of backgrounds, spanning manual and automated test expertise across a wide range of industries.
- Have a passion for teamwork and working with others to accomplish shared goals
- 0-3 years of experience in a QA role
- Possess a basic working knowledge of web software such that you are able to actively participate in conversations and planning activities related to software development and testing
- Feel comfortable working within a MacOS computer environment for your day to day tasks
- Be comfortable with logical reasoning such that learning the basics of coding and automation can be accomplished in your time at BenchPrep
- Formal training or education in computer science or software testing is a plus, but not required
- Be curious about ever-changing technology
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Inc’s Best Workplaces of 2020 and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.