Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
Founded in 2001, Adage Technologies is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to create their digital strategy. It’s our people first approach that drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology. Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago.
We are looking for a QA Analyst to be responsible for testing websites and web applications, ensuring high levels of quality and customer satisfaction in the work we deliver to our clients. As the first QA resource at Adage, you’d pilot this initiative and have the opportunity to shape both the role and our QA processes. You’d be working with scrum teams to plan and complete end to end feature testing within project timeline and budget, proactively identifying risky areas and working with the team on potential mitigation.
The ideal candidate has a passion for quality, a strong understanding of web UX best practices, and is able to work well with cross functional teams.
What you’d be doing:
- Working with Scrum team to define requirements during planning, scrutinizing requirements and identifying potential edge cases to account for
- Outlining full feature testing in a comprehensive plan for entire websites
- Testing JIRA tickets for functional, visual, usability, regression, exploratory, cross- browser, and device testing
- Writing manual test steps that include setup, iterations, expected and actual results
- Writing bugs and user stories in JIRA with clear acceptance criteria
- Writing regression test plans for large features and sites tailored to the client
- Creating testing checklists and identifying QA process improvements
- Guiding clients in UAT process, providing recommendations, and assisting in UAT tracking or follow ups
- Conducting Root Cause Analysis meetings for missed issues or UAT fails
- Employing advanced QA techniques such as equivalence class partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision table testing, and black box/white box/gray box understanding
We want someone who has:
- 2+ years of QA experience and a background in web technologies
- Experience creating test plans
- Ability to learn quickly with multiple contexts
- Experience testing with integrated systems
- Ability to gather reproduction steps and document issues
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with defect prioritization and issue classification
- Testing experience from prototypes to MVP to maintenance releases
- Experience with usability testing is a plus
- Ecommerce or CMS experience a plus
- Scrum experience is a plus
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 90% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.