Quality Engineering Manager
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The QE Manager will be the main point of contact for running point managing our global vendor for testing specific to Secure Remote Commerce. Taking an assertive approach guiding our partner toward achieving various objectives and working with the application development teams from another partnering vendor.
- Primary contact for two partnering vendors. The QE Manager will be responsible running point managing two of our global vendor. Taking an assertive approach guiding our partner toward achieving various objectives
- Frequently function as liaison between our business as well as the vendor leadership as well as Discover leadership
- Conduct frequent meetings with internal officers (Director, VP level) acting as SME in the QE space
- Assists in the provision of solutions for problem prevention through regular analysis of metrics to identify and assist in the implementation of improvements to defined processes and procedures.
- Manages quality/test challenges at the team level, providing guidance, training, technical support, and where necessary, mentoring individuals.
- Attends weekly team meetings of projects/programs and provides input from the testers’ perspective.
- Drives for quality, ensures quality is built in from the start via establishing acceptance criteria, defines quality gates, stays abreast of new and emerging technologies, and works with Senior Management to define and maintain a strategy.
- Provides leadership support to the testing team, ensuring team cohesion through regular team meetings, 1:1s, the dissemination of pertinent information, and assists in the forecasting of staffing required to support future workload.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in leading quality engineering activities or related
- ISTQB Foundation
- In lieu of a degree, 6+years of experience in leading quality engineering activities or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience working managing external vendors
- Background working in a global environment
- Comprehensive communication skills. An ability to competently work and speak with those at the officer level (Director, VP)
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 4+ years of experience in software testing, Agile, or related field
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.