You will be the first Security Operations (SecOps) person at SpotHero; you will help us define how we go forward and create the strategy for SpotHero to get Security right as we scale. This role will potentially grow into a Manager of other SecOps people.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve a convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What kind of person are you?
- Curious and a hungry learner
- A Problem Solver
- Ability to collaborate
- An owner of your work
- An educator
- Insanely detail-oriented
- Fantastic communicator in and outside of Engineering
About the role:
- Serve as a deeply skilled and knowledgeable resource within the security technology area
- Daily review of security alert/logs with follow-up on suspicious activity
- Perform investigation of network and hosts/endpoints for malicious activity, to include analysis of packet captures
- Assist and or lead in efforts to detect, confirm, contain, remediate and recover from attacks
- Understand the technical aspects of Web and Mobile application security
- Proactively monitor, identify, and analyze complex internal and external threats including viruses, targeted attacks, and unauthorized access
- Perform root cause analysis and troubleshoot complex issues with existing security protocols
- Maintain, improve, and evangelize standard security operating procedures and processes
- Run vulnerability scans and managing security tool updates
- Create documentation and training material
- Work with external procurement and partner technology teams to answer questions about SpotHero’s corporate security
- 3-5 years of experience working in a SecOps role
- Strong collaboration skills and proven ability to work in a diverse environment
- You have research and analytical skills and are able to pinpoint significant patterns related to cyber threats, strong organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Experience with network intrusion detection tools
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems: Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows and Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of database and operating system security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Business Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Security certifications such as Network+, Security+, SSCP, GCIH, GCFA, etc
Bonus points if you have:
- A passion for security topics as demonstrated by professional experience or personal projects
- A background in data systems and statistics (Elasticsearch and related are extra helpful)
- Experience working on a team concerned with uptime or systems availability
- CNDSP-A (GCIA, GCIH, or CEH) or CNDSP-IR (GCIH, CSIH, or CEH) certification
- IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SSCP, or CCNA-Security) certification
- A good understanding of Mobile OS security for both Android and iOS
- You have or can obtain a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification within 6 months of start date.
- Experience with an infrastructure as code (IaC) tool such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized by Time Magazine as one of the Top 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018, ranks highly on Built In Chicago’s 100 Best Places To Work In Chicago in 2019, and recognized for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives!
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.