Senior Ab Initio Developer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Cloud Operations Support team within our Enterprise Technology organization is seeking an Ab Initio Developer.
This position requires strong leadership behaviors and a proven record of managing multiple conflicting priorities, embracing Discover Values & Leadership Behaviors, facilitating LEAN principles promoting process efficiency, and experience leading key interactions and programs. Working knowledge across all domains within infrastructure services; AIX & Linux OS/Hardware/Storage technologies.
This role is to help implement and maintain our Ab Initio ETL environment as we migrate from AIX to Linux and then to the cloud. This role requires reviewing existing tools developed internally and redesign them to ensure they are in Cloud and optimized for the environment. Also need to document and implement Ab Initio coding standards.
The candidate for this position must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and motivate team members and stakeholders. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively, and have the passion to embrace and drive new ideas in the company with the ability to weigh risk and benefits for initiatives.
*** The team supports production environments and may require 24x7x365 coverage ***
- Manage the overall ETL Grid footprint.
- Implement monitors and controls to proactively manage the environment
- Vulnerability remediation
- Define the Ab Initio server footprint as it relates to our migration to our future state in cloud.
- Maintain Ab Initio coding standard documentation and update when required.
- Understand and forecast the use of our Ab Initio Environment.
- Explore automation opportunities and implement the same.
- Help in the rewrite of a number of internal ETL applications that manage cataloging and code promotion.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Must have experience in a Ab Initio Administration
- Must have knowledge of cloud architectures in AWS
- Coding experience in an upper tier scripting language such as Java or Python
- Familiarity with Spark and Analytics ETL tools.
- Familiarity with on-prem and cloud schedulers.
- Ability to manage workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising on quality.
- Excellent analytical ability and experience making data driven decisions.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal. Must be able to effectively communicate to varying levels of management.
- Familiarity with running in a virtualized environment
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.