Senior Android Engineer - Remote at Hireology
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last 11 years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 150 team members and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Senior Android Engineer to the Engineering Team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Android Engineer will be responsible for:
- Contributing to an easy to use, award winning product
- Assisting in running agile ceremonies and contributing to work breakdown, sprint refinement and acceptance criteria
- Contributing to the creation of user stories and defining engineering devops tasks
- Assisting in the development of technical designs and documentation
- Mentoring less experienced engineers and assisting with onboarding and training
- Leading code and test peer reviews and implementing changes based on feedback
- Writing technical documentation and presenting technical topics to the engineering team
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Strong Communicator: Understanding the importance of concise, accurate, clear verbal and written communication and how it is key to our success as a team
- Quality Driven: Delivering quality work is paramount to helping the product and company scale
- Asks For Help: Knowing what you don’t know and never being afraid to ask to assistance is how this group operates
- Owns The Result: Accountability for outcomes both good and bad is expected, we share in our success and learn from our mistakes
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Here are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Senior Android Engineer
- Experience with current Android application development (Java and Kotlin)
- Have integrated apps with web based APIs
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, and unit and integration testing
- Have used current versions of Android Studio, and device simulators
- Experience with submitting and releasing apps via the Google Play store
- Experience with 3rd party logging and exception handling frameworks
- Have assisted with automated mobile testing and experience with 3rd party device farms
- Excited about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development across our entire technology stack
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email (including your spam folder) after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with a couple of our Software Engineers to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to nerd out a bit with you.
- Go over your career history with one of our Engineering managers. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and whether where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Meet virtually with some more of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your favorite sandwich.
- Provide some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Agency and/or Third Party Inquires will not be accepted.
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.