Senior Cloud Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for the technical design, deployment, monitoring and ongoing support and maintenance of a diverse set of cloud technologies. The role is a technical, hands-on opportunity with a heavy focus on automation, resilient design and deployment of cloud ready systems and services. This role collaborates with Product teams internal and external to IS to provide world class products and services in support of our application development community, and our business as whole. This is a 'DevOps' position, responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities.
- Leads the design, build and maintenance of modern cloud platforms that support agile teams
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues.
- Drives continuous improvement of cloud products & capabilities though internal user groups and external market research.
- Builds, delivers, and maintains modern cloud platforms that support agile teams
- Drives continuous improvement of products & capabilities though internal user groups and external market research
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venue
- Collaborate with product owners and managers to evolve AWS strategies
- Accountable for developing and implementing complex automation tasks.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Chef, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible)
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project.
- Identify and raise technical risks.
- Maintain working knowledge of IT industry and trends.
- Integrate with the external community (eg. run meetups, speak at conferences, write blog posts/publications)
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Participate in regular Agile ceremonies.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology
- 4+ years Application or platform development, Consulting, or related
- In lieu of degree, 6+ years Application or platform development, Consulting, or related
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud experience in a production environment
- Demonstrates growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Comfortable working on agile-based teams comprised of team members with diverse skill-sets (e.g. Quality Assurance Engineers, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers / Architects)
- Capable of collaborating with stakeholders and project leaders to understand requirements, deliverables, and set expectations on tasks that you will be responsible for.
- Consistently demonstrates follow-through in honoring commitments to customers and colleagues. Accepts the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.