Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsibility of the role is to contribute to developing the cybersecurity engineering roadmap, delivering/designing secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects, and regulatory and risk requirements. This includes cybersecurity engineered solutions, framework, program optimization, vulnerability remediation, metrics reporting, performance analysis, and mitigating operational risk in a high-velocity culture.
- Develops engineering specifications to ensure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts to conform to security, resilience, and dependability requirements at the software application, system, and network environment level. Assists cybersecurity architects in designing and developing security solutions consistent with business goals and risk tolerance. Validates current and future-state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Designs and implements solutions to align with the Cybersecurity Strategy. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners. Manages relationships with security partners and vendors.
- Drives research innovation and continuous coverage of malicious activity in custom intelligence research tools. Correlates incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of security trends, threats, and attack techniques. Serves as the subject matter expert for supported security technologies.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering
- PMP, CEH, GIAC
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.