Senior Developer – Dialer Engineering
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Currently seeking an experienced developer to work on the Dialer Engineering Team. The team is responsible for the architecture, design, development, customization and implementation of the Enterprise outbound customer contact solution. The team also provides the call center applications teams and agents with java/python based applications/APIs to interact with the Dialer. Additionally, the team supports the back-end services which provide processing capabilities of the outbound/inbound phone calls.
This position will be responsible for developing Java/Web-based applications interacting with Enterprise Dialers. The role also needs skills to design and develop back-end scripts using Python/Perl/Shell Scripts for customization. The role will also have direct interaction with external Solution providers and Vendors.
- Analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high level technical design documents and technical specifications in accordance with company architecture standards.
- Perform unit and system testing of application code as well as execution of implementation activities.
- Identification, documentation and estimation of technical tasks for projects of varying sizes and levels of complexity.
- Analysis and identification of technical areas of improvement within existing applications.
- Work with other internal IT teams to complete project activities.
- Assist in establishing the strategic technical direction for the applications; and participate in department wide initiatives to address long term business, technical, and performance goals.
- 2+ years of programming experience
- Willingness to learn new technologies specifically Dialer and Telephony
- Work with technical leads to identify improve technology and how they can be leveraged
- Knowledge of best practices for maintaining highly available applications and services.
- Self-motivated team player
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task by simultaneously working on several time-sensitive initiatives
- Java / J2EE using IDE Eclipse for source code development
- Experience with developing and deploying Webservices using SOAP / RESTful APIs
- Linux basic to intermediate knowledge
- Solid understanding of Perl/Python scripting lanuages
- Java Script frame work ( Angular/Node js) with basic understanding of json
- Understanding of Windows OS and Server/IIS Management
- SQL – SQL Server / PostGreSQL
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as GitHub/Jenkins/Gradle/Nexus
- Experience with Development Methodology like Agile/Scrum
- Understanding of Telephony infrastructure using SIP/RTP is a plus
- Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a plus
- Basic understanding of outbound predictive dialing is a plus
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!