Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
We are looking for a senior DevOps Engineer to help us continue to enhance our development pipelines and IaC environment. In this role, you'll have an opportunity to own projects related to an array of technology initiatives here at Avant.
What you'll do at Avant
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with one or more of the cloud offerings, AWS preferred.
- Ensure monitoring and health of the resources deployed
- Document procedures used during a deployment cycle
- Experience with operational monitoring tools, such as Datadog, CloudWatch or Sumo Logic
- Work with the fellow devops team and play a small mentoring role, assist in troubleshooting tasks
- Implement clean and maintainable infrastructure-as-code that adheres to industry best practices, terraform
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 5+ year(s) of devops or software development experience or a computer science/engineering degree
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure as code, terraform, packer, ansible
- 5+ years of experience in Linux tools and shell scripting or other Linux automation
- 3+ years of experience in one or more languages such as Go, Ruby or Python
- 5+ years of experience with AWS management
- 3+ years of experience with Docker, containerization, kubernetes preferred
- 4+ years of experience with continuous integration/deployment tools such as Jenkins or Buildkite
- 3+ years creating, executing, and troubleshooting complex, automated processes used to configure servers and/or deploy code
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.