Senior Director of Enterprise Technical Architecture at Walgreens
This role is part of the OneIT global enterprise architecture team, and exists to be co-accountable for establishing the future state enterprise technical architecture for the company, focused on all domains within the technical architecture infrastructure, devices, middleware, network, cloud and collaboration; and to work closely with technology leadership to establishing a renewal and refresh plan for our infrastructure assets. This role will ensure all technology domains are represented and well understood within the architecture community, and its governance processes, policies and standards. This role will be part of a centralized team, but will have coordinative responsibilities for domain architects and experts embedded within the Service Delivery & Infrastructure teams within the US and International.
The role reports to the VP OneIT Enterprise Architecture.
Outcomes directed have a significant impact on the organization's short- and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners.
The incumbent will at all times represent the WBA ONE IT-vision and act in line with the vison of the global enterprise IT strategy.
- Collaborates with IT leadership in the design and development of the strategic direction and vision for the enterprise technical architecture function.
- Develops and maintains the Walgreens future state enterprise technical architecture in alignment with the overall IT vision, supporting the information needs of the business.
- Creates and implements a high level roadmap to guide and shape the delivery of new data assets and migration of existing assets towards the enterprise technical architecture.
- Develops and establishes standards and polices for infrastructure assets classes, and collaborates with the application and shared services teams to inventory and classify existing infrastructure assets.
- Establishes and leads an enterprise technical architecture governance process to enable Sr. IT leadership to direct investment towards strategically and financially appropriate activities.
- Collaborates across business unit Information management to identify opportunities to leverage common solutions and extend the adoption of standards.
- Facilitates the sharing of technical architecture best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization by assisting in the creation of a technical architecture community of practice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in an Enterprise Technical Architecture role or Enterprise IT Strategy function or a High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of experience in an Enterprise Technical Architecture role or Enterprise IT Strategy function.
- Experience in current middleware technologies, ESB architecture, SOA and BPM
- Knowledge of current trends in server technologies, such as blade technology
- Knowledge of current trends in mobile and wireless technology
- Knowledge of current trends in healthcare technology including biometric devices
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating executive management meetings
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Knowledge of current trends in mobile and wireless technology in a retail setting
- Experience in retail technologies and POS systems