Senior Engineer I, Front End at SpotHero
SpotHero is seeking a Senior Engineer I to be part of the team working on our flagship consumer products. This team owns building out new features & products and improving existing ones that allow millions of customers find and book parking seamlessly.
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Collaborate with product designers, fellow engineers and data scientists to iterate on experiments and product features that immediately impact our customers
- Use technologies and tools like React, Redux, Webpack, and Gulp to build out new UI features and maintain/improve existing ones
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Evolve our UI component library, standards and best practices to streamline development and ensure consistency across products
The following experience is relevant to us:
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning
- Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction
- UI and/or unit testing with tools like Cypress, Jest, Enzyme, etc...
Nice to haves:
- React/Redux experience
- Node/npm experience
- Gulp experience
- Webpack experience
- Sass experience
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Django or Rails
- Design and UX skill set/experience
- Open source contributions to major projects
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized by Time Magazine as one of the Top 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018, ranks highly on Built In Chicago’s 100 Best Places To Work In Chicago in 2019, and recognized for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives!
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.