Senior Engineer I, Fullstack
SpotHero is looking for a Senior level Full Stack Engineer who will contribute to our main consumer-based codebase following a set of standard, while successfully completing stories that complete our 2020 Marketing initiatives. You will partner with a Product Manager and Product Designer to ensure requirements are defined correctly. You will collaborate with other Senior Engineers to define solutions, ensure project deadlines are successfully met, and effectively communicate with the entire Consumer Marketing Squad members and internal stakeholders. We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Our Stack is: Monolith using Django/Python, the Frontend is React. We also have started on a journey to extract specific domains to services currently using Java, Kotlin, and Go. Our Database is Postgres and Redis for caching. We also use Docker, Kubernetes, and Kafka.
What kind of person are you?
- Curious and a hungry learner
- A Problem Solver
- Ability to collaborate
- You own your work
What will you do:
- Work directly with the Marketing team to build out a new service/module/feature that will revolutionize how our best customers interface with SpotHero.
- Identify, design, develop, test, and release high-quality functionality as efficiently as possible.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the team to deliver software with a focus on quality, speed, security, and analytics.
- Independently identify areas for improvement and innovation within our ecosystem, and lead the charge on making those changes.
- If applicable, move existing features from our monolithic codebase into new services that run on Kubernetes using technologies like gRPC, Airflow, and Kinesis.
- Be a key hands-on contributor to the design and implementation of new products and features through the entire stack.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning.
- You can go up and down the stack from infrastructure through the application layer all the way up to front-end client libraries.
- Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
Nice to haves are:
- Container platforms like Docker experience
- Orchestration tools like Kubernetes and/or Mesos experience
- Event sourcing tools like Kinesis and/or Kafka experience
- Relational databases like Postgres, MySQL and/or Oracle experience
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) via Jenkins and/or Concourse
- Workflow management tools like Airflow experience
- Cloud service providers like AWS, GCP and/or Azure experience
- Protocol buffers experience
- Open source contributions to major projects
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized by Time Magazine as one of the Top 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018, ranks highly on Built In Chicago’s 100 Best Places To Work In Chicago in 2019, and recognized for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives!
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
NOTE: You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.