Senior Engineering Manager, Operations
SpotHero is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to join our Operations team. We are looking for an experienced operations and infrastructure leader who can help lead our initiatives across infrastructure, operations, IT, and security. This person must be comfortable working with external consultants, as well as having a hand in all the aspects that go into leading a successful team - including recruiting new and retaining existing talent, owning operating budgets, and working with our engineers and product managers.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Help lead our initiatives across infrastructure, operations, IT, and security.
- Work with our engineers and product managers in the design and implementation of infrastructure and hosting for our platforms.
- Take the lead on maintaining our PCI compliance and practices.
- Work with external security consultants and internal staff to build a security-first mindset approach to infrastructure and operations.
- Own the operating budgets for all of our Cloud-based hosting and internal IT needs.
- Recruit, retain, and grow great infrastructure and operations engineers and staff.
- Work across the business to establish a lightweight and modern approach to internal IT support and solutions.
- Lead efforts around incident management & Level 2 support in a 24X7 context.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning.
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience as an Infrastructure Engineer across multiple environments on complex distributed polyglot systems.
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience leading a team of 4+ people working on a distributed system.
- Demonstrable experience dealing with PCI compliance.
- Experience managing teams running platforms on public Cloud environments (Azure and/or AWS). You understand the Operations side of things and get that DevOps is a philosophy, not a title.
- Demonstrable experience with small teams that move fast - all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
NOTE: You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.