Adage Technologies is a web design and development firm in downtown Chicago that specializes in web and mobile CMS and ecommerce solutions. Our team of strategic, creative, and technical professionals partner with our clients to solve business problems and meet strategic goals. Our team-oriented approach drives us to win awards, and break new ground with technology.
As Senior Front End Developer, you will be responsible for driving the team forward, applying the most innovative industry best practices, collaborating on standards, and mentoring other team members.
What you’ll be doing:
- Playing a key role in client communication, project planning, and estimation of front-end tasks
- Faithfully and accurately translating prototypes and design into working interfaces across multiple devices
- Maintaining and improving front-end code bases across a wide variety of projects
- Translating business and user requirements into usable web applications and sites
- Collaborating with UX and UI Designers to promote and achieve optimal solutions for clients
- Taking the lead on browser/device acceptance testing and bug fixing
- Collaborating on an agile scrum team
- Giving and receiving feedback, conducting code reviews, and mentoring others
- Staying up to date with industry trends and applying innovative best practices
- Helping to lead the team of front end developers, staying current on new technologies and collaborating on standards
We want someone who:
- Has 6+ years of experience in a front-end development role with a preference for candidates with more experience
- Is an expert in building clean, responsive CSS (especially with pre-processors like Sass (SCSS))
- Can write semantic, accessible HTML
- Has experience gathering requirements and estimating tasks
- Delivers quality work within budget and timeline constraints
- Has developed features and interfaces for large numbers of users and all types of devices
- Enjoys working with clients or stakeholders and is passionate about solving problems
- Possesses a positive, proactive and collaborative attitude while also demonstrating humility
- Has strong experience working from responsive designs
- Has experience in mentoring or training others
- Is passionate about continuous learning
- Has experience diagnosing and resolving cross-browser/device challenges and bugs
- Has working experience with modern build systems, source control (TFS, Git), and task runners (Webpack.)
- Has experience with the structure and usage of REST API's
- Experience building features maintained by a CMS (a plus)
Candidates who want to be fully considered for this role should include a link to their portfolio site or other work examples.
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 85% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.