PowerReviews creates software that drives traffic, increases sales, and provides actionable insights for more than 1,000 brands and retailers on over 5,000 websites globally. Our platform serves as an essential resource for consumers throughout their purchase journey. Our syndication network reaches more than 500 million in-market shoppers each month through an unrivaled solution suite. PowerReviews is on a mission to create a smarter path to purchase.
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer to help us realize new product capabilities within our platform while maintaining a best-in-class UI front-end for our core ratings and reviews platform. This UI front-end is embedded in over a thousand merchant ecommerce websites worldwide, and sees millions of users on a daily basis. Front-end engineers are responsible for achieving industry-best performance metrics, ADA compliance, and flexibility to function in a wide variety of scenarios, all while being easy to use.
- Take ownership of initiatives from start to finish, working with business owners and teammates to deliver requirements on target and schedule
- Collaborate with front-end, back-end, QA, product, DevOps and UX teammates in an agile development environment to identify and solve important technical problems.
- Identify, learn, and apply a variety of technologies to architect front-end applications and frameworks.
- Write well-documented, modular code that can be changed easily in response to varying requirements
- Ensure code quality by soliciting and participating code reviews with fellow front-end developers
- Reduce the complexity of our code base, infrastructure, and production operations in order to get more done with less work.
- Stay abreast of the latest front-end technologies, and contribute knowledge and expertise to the technology team
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- At least 3 years of professional web development experience with an appreciation for semantic, accessible HTML
- Deep understanding of ReactJS. Lifecycles, hooks, context
- Deep understanding of DOM APIs
- Experience with application state management solutions such as Redux, MobX
- Exposure to server-side languages, such as Java, Ruby, Elixir.
- Strong attention to detail, good communications skills, and a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Our Tech Stack:
We use AWS with many of our applications written using open-source technologies. Our engineers also look to adopt modern technologies to solve our business challenges. The technologies we use at PowerReviews include:
Frameworks: ReactJS, Cypress, JUnit, RestAssured, Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.)
Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
AWS: Lambda, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, ElastiCache/Redis, RDS, S3, EMR, Athena, DMS, CloudFormation, ECS/Fargate
Developer/DevOps Tooling: Selenium, NPM, Yarn/Gulp, Docker, Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Deployment,