Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
As part of our Digital Payments technology domain, you’ll:
- Leverage your development skills to the highest capacity to help drive key initiatives and projects and shape our business and technology outcomes to meet customer and partner needs.
- Create and break down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plan
- Break down complex requirements into workable technical solutions.
- Contribute to the developer experience by leveraging the latest industry technologies to enhance current solution patterns and define new ones.
How You’ll Do It
- Assist evaluating client-area application software/systems requirements and processes (e.g., new features, enhancements or maintenance).
- Develop large-scale, customer-facing applications and application software, test and implement efficient, cost effective application solutions.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions, recommending the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the systems’ design.
- Design, develop, and integrate systems for digital presence by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features.
- Complete technical design(s) as needed, ensuring that design(s) meet architecture standards and that the resulting system is flexible, easily maintainable, high performing, and integrates well with other related systems/components.
- Collaborate with other developers on code reviews and process enhancements, ensuring that code reviews are performed and documented using the approved template.
- Complete unit and system testing prior to the start of any PA region testing.
- May provide direction and guidance to other systems analysts/developers. Analyze and identify technical areas of improvement within existing web applications.
- Test and mitigate risks for all projects and releases.
- Ensure all projects have detailed implementation and back-out plans, and undergo thorough review in advance of scheduled release.
- Improve the performance of the production environment.
- Leverage Agile/iterative/lean processes to deliver projects faster.
- Propose ideas that better position our applications to support future business and technology initiatives, while meeting project/release timelines.
- Incorporate new technology/frameworks to support our continuous integration efforts.
- Ensure project compliance by adhering to regulatory, PDP, Change Management, and Internet Department processes and standards.
- Contribute to best practices to support a strong software architecture.
- Ensure any volume and capacity considerations are communicated during the design phase (or prior to committing to a Sprint). Document software and perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Reduce occurrence of vulnerabilities by adhering to proper secure coding practices, having a "Security First" mindset, and handling sensitive data per security guidelines.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in software development or related field
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in software development or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working in a large scaled, Agile environment
- Background working for an organization in financial services or technology
- Experience with PCF and Websphere platforms, application server
- Experience with IDEs such as Spring Suite, Eclipse etc
- Experience with Unix scripting, Maestro in order to support the IVR batch applications
- Solid knowledge about the relational databases such as Oracle, DB2
- Experience with GitHub source control tool
- Speech recognition development experience using GRXML grammars is a plus
- VXML experience is a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.