Senior Manager Application Integration at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The application integration manager of EPP Disputes and UI Platform manages a highly skilled staff which owns oversight, leadership, execution of the build, integration, overall resiliency, security, performance management implementation and all the on-going critical roles to operate the EPP Disputes – UI platform. Ownership spans end to end which includes connectivity and data flows from customer entry point, surrounding technology components thru the application and back to customer. Leading the integration of all the approved technologies, applications and processes to support best in class (World Class) operating environment. Size of the team depends on application complexity, surrounding technologies and overall business criticality.
The preferred candidate is one who enjoys building and working within a team in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, influencing the long term direction of our solutions while working with a similar minded group of people. Our team operates very much like a startup that just happens to reside within a Fortune 300 Company.
The application integration manager and team collaborate with our BT business partners and development teams to help guide new requirements, plans, products and budget on a planned basis. The Sr. Manager Application Integration manages a direct and functional set of teams over the following functional items which constitute the team charter.
- Application Subject Matter Experts
- Platform Performance and Capacity Management support
- Ownership and execution of DR Plans
- Infrastructure Knowledge (Campus, FW, OS, SAN, DB, Load balancers, Iaas, Paas).
- Release Management – Change Control Ownership
- Compliance (Audits, controls and compliance)
- Key Interface and support into Operations teams (Command Centers)
- Platform Documentation Ownership
- Application release management oversight
- Business, Budget Planning
- Platform Product Road-Map
- Oversees application release management.
- Manages disaster recovery and compliance plans.
- Manages change control for applications and platforms.
- Leads business and budget planning to align with product roadmaps.
- Manages a technology team. Leads team and peers to ensure capacity and performance management is compliant.
- Responsible for managing a team that oversees and executes the construction, integration, overall resiliency, release management, and ongoing operations for applications.
- Manages application connectivity and data flows from customer entry point and surrounding technology components.
- Directs or manages leadership to his/her professional staff.
- Coaches – Empowers a highly skilled staff to broaden skill sets and accountabilities to support Discover critical applications.
- Empowers and motivates. Recognizes when there are obstacles preventing others from achieving their goals and can readily intervene and find resourceful ways to support, remove and improve results. Foster leadership to the application integration team which builds solid relationships to our business partners
- Promotes Discover Values – People and Results leadership.
Amount of Supervision
Receives guidance from the Director when required with department issues. Limited supervision is required on objectives, plans and overall execution. Exercises considerable latitude in approach to meeting objectives.
Excellent technology and process skills coupled with strong leadership and analytical skills and leadership. Owns end to end accountability of the application which can be complex at times.
Very wide latitude and leadership for decision making. Gathers information, consults those who need to be involved, and puts decisions into action. Coaches and mentors employees to their best ability in decision making by thinking through scenarios and criteria before taking action. Strong communicator in decision making to stakeholders both internal to the team and external partners and or Vendors. Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness across the teams.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical to this position. Needs to be very comfortable in people settings, presentations and promoting success as a team player manager.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Payments and/or equivalent technology industry, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Payments and/or equivalent technology industry, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Payments and/or equivalent technology industry, or related field
- Broad technical and analytical skills around application development and support
- Understand mission critical high performing platform/applications
- Familiar with cloud-based IaaS and PaaS solutions (AWS, Cloud Foundry)
- Strong communication skills
- Strength in adapting to a highly dynamic environment of change is needed
- Strong Team leader with vision
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.