Senior Manager Chapter Engineering at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for the technical development of engineering staff within a technical domain. A hands-on Servant Leader and technical Subject Matter Expert, accountable for effectively skilling, tooling and allocating engineering Chapter members to best support the needs of Product and Value Stream Engineering teams, along with a disciplined approach to professional development of Chapter members. Coaches the team to continuously improve their process and practices, enforce appropriate quality and user experiences, drive out waste and toil, and to foster a culture of continuous innovation and learning. Effectively collaborates and negotiates with Product teams internal and external to IS. Span of control is approx. 18-22 Chapter members.
- Defines how technical work should be done, selecting appropriate tools, defining technology, quality, experience and implementation standards and practices within own technical domain.
- Develops own technical skills to attain Subject Matter Expertise in at least one technical implementation within own technical domain. Ensures consistency of technical execution and knowledge, sharing common practices and challenges within the Chapter. Engineer solutions for special projects as needed.
- 30Develops own Chapter into a highly technically competent, consistent, thoughtful and customer-centric team of technology experts. Works with Product Owners and Value Stream Engineering leaders to efficiently and effectively allocate chapter resources to meet Product needs. Fosters a culture of excellence and continuous learning within the Chapter. Establishes and tracks to appropriate OKRs to ensure outcomes are met.
- Instills a sense of purpose, curiosity and continuous learning with each and every Chapter member, motivating all to achieve their best. Owns the career and performance management process for the chapter, ensuring the collective’s technical competency continues to consistently evolve to effectively support Product Owner and Value Stream needs. Attracts, onboards and develops/retrains talent to achieve the strongest Chapter possible.
- Utilizes PO and VS feedback and performance/satisfaction metrics to identify areas of continuous improvement within team. Engages with internal and external communities of practice to share experiences, contribute knowledge, learn and advocate for the Discover Technology brand. Promotes team innovation and collaboration of ideas across teams.
- 4 + years experience with Engineering People Leadership and Development or related
- Bachelors Degree in information technology
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.