Senior Manager Cloud Engineering at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for the coaching and ongoing development of ‘DevOps’ engineers who drive the evolution, development and support of one or more capabilities within our ‘Cloud’ ecosystem. The role is accountable for the functionality, quality, value and timely delivery of products and services within our AWS Infrastructure Portfolio that supports the desired Cloud capabilities for all of Discover’s lines of business. This is a working, technical engineering manager position, requiring well-honed business partner, product planning, systems thinking, finance, and people development skills.
- Responsible for coaching and organizational development of everyone on the team.
- Manages the operational and feature capability portfolios of all products based on team needs, stakeholder input and enterprise strategy.
- Delivers the desired products when needed with the desired functional and non-functional characteristics based on business needs.
- Helps influence, develop, and communicate the AWS product vision and roadmap.
- Adjusts and responds to changing market, customer and/or organizational needs, working closely with business teams, product managers, and initiative owners.
- Supports the whole program and teams through the clarification of business needs, direction, and features.
- Provides issue management, risk assessments, risk mitigation, cost analysis, and minimum viable product evaluations.
- Consistently demonstrates follow-through in honoring commitments to customers and colleagues. Accepts the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Information Technology, Infrastructure Engineering Systems, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Information Technology, Infrastructure Engineering Systems, or related field
- Experience managing systems in a production environment
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Familiar with delivering capabilities utilizing AWS or other public clouds
- Comfortable working on agile-based teams comprised of team members with diverse skill-sets (e.g. Quality Assurance Engineers, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers / Architects)
- Capable of collaborating with stakeholders and project leaders to understand requirements, deliverables, and set expectations on tasks #LI- BG1
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!