Senior Manager Cybersecurity (Continuous Control Testing) at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
BT Cybersecurity is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Senior Manager to lead a team of technical analysts to create and own a program evaluating technical cybersecurity product health and operational effectiveness to drive security product improvements within the Cybersecurity Program.
While partnering with various Cybersecurity Product Managers and stakeholders, the mission of the Continuous Control Testing team is to bring transparency to technical cybersecurity product coverage, report product effectiveness to mitigate intended risks, create methods to increase accountability for remediation, and develop key metrics to report health and deficiencies.
This position requires strong leadership behaviors with experience leading and implementing key technical cybersecurity products and a proven record of managing a highly effective team.
This role will also have a secondary responsibility to develop, maintain, and promote the Security Champion Program which is comprised of a network of members across Business Technology to expand technical cybersecurity awareness to improve security integrity and posture.
- Manages a team that develops, implements, and maintains the Cybersecurity Continuous Control Program. Oversees the evaluation of security technical products and infrastructure solutions.
- Manages the initiatives pipeline as applicable to program. Identifies Cybersecurity impacts and risk considerations. As applicable, Reviews regulatory and audit findings, Manages remediation of threat and risk issues. Directs the development of data analytics, metrics, reporting, and statistical analyses.
- Manages risk effectively by translating regulatory requirements and business needs to test technical security controls. Provides input to recommend remediation strategies to mitigate risk and close gaps. Provides input into the development of defense systems to counter breaches and cyber attacks.
- Provides assurance, guidance, and direction in the formalization of the cybersecurity framework.
- Directs the delivery of security programs and advanced secure architecture, systems, and applications. Manages risk effectively by translating regulatory requirements and business needs to develop security controls.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related fields
- 6+ years of leadership experience in cybersecurity, technology, engineering, risk, compliance or relevant discipline; desired experience in credit card, financial and/or banking industry (or similarly regulated industry)
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of leadership experience in cybersecurity, technology, engineering, risk, compliance or relevant discipline; desired experience in credit card, financial and/or banking industry (or similarly regulated industry)
- Working Knowledge of cybersecurity products across multiple domains (i.e., anti-virus, Endpoint Detection and Response tools, IPS/IDS, email filtering, web site blocking, DLP) and how they work in an overall defense-in-depth program
- Experience in enterprise deployment of technical cybersecurity products and the validation of deployment effectiveness.
- Knowledge and/or experience with QA testing processes and concepts, including developing and automating test cases for cybersecurity technical products, a plus.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate to varying levels of management. Executive presentation skills, a plus.
- Have an inquisitive mindset and the ability to manage problems and workload independently.
- Passion to lead and develop others as a manager of technical analysts and developers.
- CISSP and/or GSEC preferred
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.