Senior Manager Cybersecurity (Platform Security)
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
To provide assurance to the Business that technical systems are secured to industry best practices, BT Cybersecurity is looking for a highly motivated Senior Manager for the Platform Security team who will lead, mentor, and manage a team responsible for ensuring deployed systems are continuously maintained with approved security configurations and report deviations. This individual will work closely with many areas of technology to develop, maintain, and promote process efficiencies to support the security policy configuration program.
This role will also have a secondary responsibility to develop, maintain, and promote the Security Champion Program which is comprised of a network of members across Business Technology (and eventually Enterprise) to expand technical cybersecurity awareness to improve security integrity and posture.
This position requires strong leadership behaviors with experience leading key programs and a proven record of managing multiple conflicting priorities.
The candidate for this position must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and motivate team members and stakeholders. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively, and have the passion to embrace new ideas with the ability to weigh risk and benefits for initiatives.
- Provides assurance, guidance, and direction in the formalization of the cybersecurity framework.
- Directs the delivery of security programs and advanced secure architecture, systems, and applications. Manages risk effectively by translating regulatory requirements and business needs to develop security controls.
- Recommends remediation strategies to mitigate risk and close gaps. Leads the development of defense systems to counter breaches and cyberattacks.
- Manages a team that develops, implements, and maintains a comprehensive cybersecurity program. Oversees the evaluation, design, and implementation of security programs, controls, and infrastructure solutions. Manages the cybersecurity initiatives pipeline. Identifies cybersecurity impacts and risk considerations. Reviews regulatory and audit findings. Manages remediation of threat and risk issues. Directs the development of data analytics, metrics, reporting, and statistical analyses.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related fields
- 6+ years of leadership experience in cybersecurity, technology, engineering, risk, compliance or relevant discipline; desired experience in credit card, financial and/or banking industry (or similarly regulated industry)
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of leadership experience in cybersecurity, technology, engineering, risk, compliance or relevant discipline; desired experience in credit card, financial and/or banking industry (or similarly regulated industry)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate to varyinglevels of management.
- Ability to manage problems and workload independently.
- Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
- Working knowledge across all domains within infrastructure services; Network, Windows, AIX & Linux OS/Hardware/Storage, Active Directory, and cloud technologies.
- Working knowledge of Vulnerability and Policy Configuration Management processes.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.