Senior Manager Mobile Development
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This position is for a Senior Manager role within the Digital Development department at Discover. In this role, you will manage highly engaged mobile development teams responsible for delivering high value customer facing features within Discover’s award winning mobile application. The teams will own, cultivate, and develop the Discover Card and Bank mobile application. The role will entail coaching and guiding the agile teams to their full potential, partnering with the mobile delivery owner and product managers across multiple business lines, and helping to shape the department’s evolution and usage of the latest technologies within our mobile platform.
This role may be based out of either our downtown Chicago office in the heart of River North or our headquarters campus in Riverwoods. In this role you will lead teams located at both campuses.
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work in an ever changing environment
- Strong people management skills, including coaching and effective performance management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience leading a mobile team responsible for a large scale high performance mobile application
- Understanding of mobile application development, application architecture, and infrastructure platforms.
- Ability to build strong relationships with technology and business partners
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills.
Why work at Discover? Because Discover is a recognized leader as a direct bank and payments partner that fosters a challenging and rewarding work environment.
You will be successful at Discover if you can:
- Manage a staff responsible for all phases of the mobile app development and implementation process including analysis, design, development, testing, and ongoing support.
- Consult with business and technology partners to recommend and implement process and technical innovations that accelerate the delivery of Discover’s short and long term business requirements.
- Successfully communicate metrics, status, and obstacles to multiple levels within the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement across all facets of your teams daily activity (people, process, and technology)
- Review and evaluate the work of the staff and prepares and delivers performance evaluations.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- Must have supervisory experience with direct reports, or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in mobile application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies for software delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with others.
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- Agile, Scrum Master
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!