Senior Manager Software Development – Messaging
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This position is for a Senior Manager role within the Digital Development department at Discover. In this role, you will manage highly engaged software development teams responsible for delivering foundational products in support of Discover’s customer messaging platform and home speaker integration. The teams will own, cultivate, and develop applications utilizing the latest Discover platforms for continuous delivery and cloud development. The role will entail coaching and guiding agile teams to their full potential, and helping to shape the department’s evolution and usage of the latest.
This role can be based out of either our downtown Chicago office in the heart of River North or our headquarters campus in Riverwoods.
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work in an ever changing environment
- Strong people management skills, including coaching and effective performance management.
- Understanding of application development, application architecture, and infrastructure platforms.
- Ability to build strong relationships with technology and business partners
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills.
Why work at Discover? Because Discover is a recognized leader as a direct bank and payments partner that fosters a challenging and rewarding work environment.
You will be successful at Discover if you can:
- Manage a staff responsible for all phases of the application development and implementation process including analysis, design, development, testing, and ongoing support.
- Consult with business and technology partners to recommend and implement process and technical innovations that accelerate the delivery of Discover’s short and long term business requirements.
- Successfully communicate metrics, status, and obstacles to multiple levels within the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement across all facets of your teams daily activity (people, process, and technology).
- Review and evaluate the work of the staff and prepares and delivers performance evaluations.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- Must have supervisory experience with direct reports, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies for software delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with others.
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- Agile, Scrum Master
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!