Senior Manager Software Engineering
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This role is a position within the Payments Application Development Team focused on the Transaction Switching applications within Discover’s Global Network. This area supports the core application that switches transactions between Point of Sale and Issuing banks, which is mission critical to Discover’s Payments Strategy. Additionally the team has created complementary applications that help run the environment which covers a variety of technologies and skill sets.
This manager will be involved in managing the production availability of the applications and the teams involved in supporting production. The successful candidate will have worked in a fast paced, high performance environment. Strong technical background along with clear communication skills are key for success.
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the application ownership, development delivery, and support for value streams. Manages a team, including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- Agile, Scrum Master
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!