Senior Principal Enterprise Architect
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Come join fast paced and dynamic environment driving Discover’s adoption of cloud native technologies and approaches in Discover. Become a key leader in Discover’s Enterprise Architecture department responsible for guiding the organization through our key aspects of our technology transformation. You’ll also get an opportunity to understand the breadth of Discover’s businesses and help drive advancements of technology that support their initiatives through collaboration with peers across the enterprise.
The position is responsible for proactively and holistically leading EA activities that guide the direction and development for technological responses to disruptive forces, and driving targeted business outcomes.
- Oversee technology implementation approach for key technical areas to derive earliest and highest value for the organization through implementation of new capabilities.
- Coach mentor and collaborate with technical SME’s and peers to develop technology architecture direction that enables and drives new capabilities.
- Understand practical application of existing and emerging technologies, lay out an execution roadmap, operating models, financial and organizational impacts.
- Work with EA and domain peers to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and external trends) to derive technology architecture future state. This includes defining key requirements, principles, architecture models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Collaborate with and peers across the company to identify the key enablers that will help drive their businesses forward.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a Technology related discipline) or the equivalent work experience
- 8+ years working as developer/architect in technology
- 3+ years working as a Systems/Architect/Lead in at least 2 of the following technology domains: Application Development, Infrastructure/Systems, Public Cloud, Networking, Database, Middleware, Security, Other?
- 5+ years working in an Application Development environment
- Experience as Lead architect in a major system deployment
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Experience designing, building, running highly critical applications
- Java, Spring, Python, Ansible, Chef, Node
- Security: Oauth, SAML, LDAP, TLS, SSL, Certificate management, basic auth, mutual auth, SDN
- API’s, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, PCF, Tomcat, AMQP, Kafka, Public Cloud Services
- Twistlock, Cassandra, Hbase, RDBMS, Credential Management, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipeline, Gradle, Github, Load Balancers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.