Senior Principal Software Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
A senior-level person leads end-to-end analysis and design of software applications with a focus on achieving required levels of Reliability, Availability and Serviceability. Working closely with application architects, application developers and infrastructure teams they identify gaps in architecture, design and or deployment with respect to RAS requirements.
Responsible for researching, implementing, and evolving software products and enterprise building blocks that improve the efficiency, availability, and performance of application servers, middleware gateways, and related platforms. Provides governance and third-tier support for systems. Identifies and resolves middleware technology and process gaps.
- Analyze complex systems and identify actionable recommendations, including options, timelines, costs
- Design an application architecture and infrastructure deployment to achieve required levels of RAS (i.e. 3 9’s, 4 9’s, 5 9’s)
- Technically lead and coach infrastructure and full-stack software engineers
- Design and implement full-stack application architectures that are secure and can scale with load
- Work with SQL and no-SQL data solutions
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and inter-team sills
- Listen and consider input from team members.
- Communicates the vision, strategy, and technology roadmaps to the business.
- Consults the team and the business on systems.
- Develops and implements enterprise technology architecture and software.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Technical, or related field
Experience of 10+ years desired, with deep knowledge of multiple of the following:
- Application architecture
- Full-stack application development
- Infrastructure, including Unix/Linux/Java, networking, load balancers, data storage
- Data persistence, databases and analytics
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!