Have you ever disassembled something to figure out how it works? When an app crashes, do you try to figure out why it crashed, or see if you can get it to crash again? Are you really good at giving directions to lost strangers?
SpotHero is seeking empathetic, detail-oriented people who are passionate about building excellent products. People who will seek out and destroy software bugs. Every day, SpotHero’s Software Engineers and Product Designers will rely on you to understand our products, execute test plans, and write succinct bug reports. We want someone who's ready to help us push the envelope on new features, and who's ready to teach anyone on our team and learn from anyone on our team. If you’re an active user of SpotHero, we'd love to hear your feedback on the app as well!
You know Testing is just one part of Quality and you will expand and blow the minds of those around you with alternative ways beyond testing that will help us improve the quality of our Products
Who we are: At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Support/lead/mentor/coach/do/champion your squad(s) Quality.
- Coach/Mentor Software Engineers to improve their quality work
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases for the different systems and integrations - with your Squad(s)
- Review test deliverables - test scripts, automated test scripts, and test status reports.
- Update regression and smoke test suites for automation and manual testing.
- Submit, escalate, and track defects found during testing to ensure they are resolved.
- Assist with the investigation and reproduction of issues to assist engineers.
- Provide detailed test reports during and at the end of each development cycle/sprint.
- Populate quality metrics pertaining to acceptance criteria, test execution, regression automation, and defects at different stages of product development.
- Lead specialized projects, identifying areas for improvements and working with engineering management to implement.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Support the automation of testing.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years experience as a software tester.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with test automation tools (ex. Selenium, Cucumber, RestAssured).
- Experienced software tester with scripting or test framework knowledge (BDD, Python, Java).
- Experienced software tester with scripting or test automation knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Annual parking stipend – we help people park!
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.